Main purpose of this role
As the Global Head of Business Development you will have the opportunity to shape and deliver on the vision and strategy of the 365squared. The Global Business Development team’s mandate covers the responsibility in identifying, developing, closing and managing business opportunities and converting the sales pipeline. The ideal candidate must be able to directly influence and close major deals with regional leading mobile operators and strategic mobile operator group relationships.
Reporting to the Chief Commercial Officer, you will be responsible for building and leading all global initiatives, developing and advancing key relationships, and crafting and executing a plan that allows 365squared to leverage business development in service of: (1) accelerating growth in the sales of our products and services, (2) capturing new territories and building on existing client-base, (3) ownership of of our sales revenues and (4) cross-selling services of our parent company, Route Mobile as appropriate.
This is a highly demanding role with a reasonable travel required and comes with a suitable salary package for the right candidate.
Key Areas of Responsibility and Accountability
- Set a clear vision for how your team can help 365squared deliver on its mission of stirring opportunities with mobile operators
- Exercise inclusive leadership skills to build and grow a globally distributed team of Business Development professionals within 365squared
- Build and deliver 365squared’s global sales roadmap and a strategic partnership plan for Business Development that identifies and prioritizes the key markets, verticals, and opportunities best aligned with the overall company strategy and Parent entity’s strategy
- Possess and develop a high level network of senior executives in the telecoms sector, have sound knowledge of the the various regional market cultures and industry trends, and competitors
- Maneuver key internal and external stakeholders including Products, Engineering, Operations, and Legal teams together with vendors to achieve desired outcomes
- Identify specific mobile operator group partners to approach, cultivate the requisite senior relationships, and effectively communicate 365squared’s value proposition and potential partnership opportunities
- Organize and present regular business reviews to 365squared’s Executive Leadership Team regarding opportunities, progress and roadblocks
- Anticipate challenges, remove blockers, and create the set of conditions necessary for the success of every member of 365squared’s Global Business Development team to achieve desired sales quota’s and overall results.
Skills and specific knowledge
- Approximately 8 years or more of relevant sales and business development experience, with over 3 years managing large deals and a diverse, geo-graphically distributed team
- Experience with establishing, maintaining, and leveraging C-level relationships at mobile operators
- Ability to fuse business, strategy, finance, technical and legal concepts to lead complex, multi-faceted deals
- Excellent verbal and written communications skills in English
- Very strong leadership skills
- Demonstrated ability to work effectively across internal and external organizations
- Deep understanding of monetizing A2P SMS for mobile operators together with the varied business culture of clients would be highly desirable
- Innate experience working with technology companies and extensive senior relationships with business leaders across in the mobile operators